Saturday, June 4, 2016

Boys Love Dinosaurs


My family and I have been hiking up the storm recently.  This time we went up to Millard Canyon Falls which was also nestled in the mountains behind the city of Altadena.  We got our son some Timberland hiking shoes to wear this time, as our previous experiences taught us that a good pair of shoes goes a long way.  Although summer is approaching here in sunny California, it was breezy the morning of the hike.  I layered E's Dinosaurs shirt over a camouflage long sleeve shirt, that way as the weather gets hotter, we just need to take one layer off.  E loves his Dinosaurs shirt and knows more names of the species than I do.

Here He picked up some flowers again during the hike.  I love it when he tells me "mommy, I have a gift for you" and then hands the flowers to me.  A gift that costs nothing but comes from the one you love is priceless!

 A closer look of the different dinosaurs on his shirt.  I am also loving this cargo pant from Carters with functional draw cord.  When buying pants for toddlers, it is very important that the pant waists are adjustable because not all toddler waists are the same size.  My little guy for example has a very tiny waist that I so envy but he also has relatively normal length legs.


Here is the Timberland Whiteledge hiking boot that is waterproof.  E definitely had a blast running through the streams with these, especially after he heard they are waterproof.  I still had my doubts when E first submerged these shoes into the water, but my worries went away seeing that water just rested on top of the shoes.

For Daddys who want to match shoes with their son's, they have a similar Gore-Tex style in men size.  According to the hubby, they have very good support and is not heavy.  The best thing about these shoes is you can also wear them in the snow during the winter.

And how could I end the post without showing you what I wore?  The hubby bought me these Columbia Trail shoes so I don't slip and fall during hiking.  I honestly didn't really need special shoes for hiking and could just go with my Avia running shoes that I hardly wore.  However, these shoes were super lightweight, had very good traction and was semi-waterproof, which made the hike a bit easier.

Our final destination!

Thank you for reading!
Photos were taken and owned by Lily and Ftfinspirations.  If you wish to use the photos for any purpose, please contact Lily first and provide a direct link to the original post.

No comments:

Post a Comment