Monday, December 7, 2015

San Diego Mini Getaway

As I mentioned in my last post, we spent the Thanksgiving weekend in San Diego, Southern California.  I wanted to share a few places we visited from this trip.  We have been to San Diego a number of times and the last time was actually a year and a half ago when our son was just two and a half years old.  I'd like to share photos from that trip if I ever get around to it but for now here is a glimpse of where we went and what we did in this mini trip.

 Mitsuwa Marketplace (Irvine Location)
We stopped by here for lunch on the way down to San Diego coming from Los Angeles since it's on the way.  In the food court, there are three restaurants: A teppanyaki (grilled meats) place I don't recall the name; Santouka Ramen and Go Squared2.  I ordered ramen ($8) from Santouka and the hubby and EJ got okonomiyaki ($8) and gyoza from Go Squared2.  The food all tasted very good given that it was at a food court.  Afterwards, we stopped by the market to grab some snacks for our trip ahead.

Up2You Cafe
*photo by Herman Lee
There are two locations in the area.  This one we went to is in the Clairemont area since it was closer to our hotel.  We had just finished attending our first session of the retreat and wanted to chill and hang out somewhere.  This place was picked because they had pretty good reviews and open late until 11pm. This was a boba, dessert, coffee kind of a cafe.  Price was reasonable.  They had lots of board games to choose from, although not all that clean and I felt the need to wash my hands afterwards.

Banana and Pudding Crepe/ Hot Taro Milk Tea
I forgot how much these cost but I think the basic crepe was $3.50 and if you wanted to add fruits and toppings it was extra cost.  The taro milk tea was around $3 as well.  The flavor of both were not bad at all.  Maybe I am not used to having crepe served flat like this, I felt that the portion was too skimpy.  The tea was fairly small too, I think I finished the whole cup in like a couple of sips.

 Sunset at Seaport Village
In between our sessions, we headed to Seaport Village.  After walking along the harbor checking out the cute little shops there, we were able to catch this beautiful sunset over the water.
Pier Cafe at Seaport Village
We didn't eat here but thought this restaurant was very unique, being that it's in the ocean and you can overlook the Coronado bridge.  I took a peek at their menu and the prices were not that bad, given that you get a very nice view.
*photo by Herman Lee

This is what I wore on the second day of the retreat, another casual comfortable outfit for strolling.  Check out what I wore here on the first day.  Notice that the hubby tried to have me carry that Pier Cafe with one hand, pretty strong aren't I?

I hope you enjoyed these few photos I shared from my trip to San Diego.  There are tons of places to visit in SD and our time here was just not long enough to explore them all.

Thank you for reading!

:: On Me :: 
Peacoat cardigan via Ross (similar Here)
Hollister Terry jogger pant
Forever 21 Stripe sweater (similar Here)

Photos on this post are taken by Lily, unless stated otherwise.




No comments:

Post a Comment