Monday, November 23, 2015

DIY Thank You Card

This is officially my first craft post! You know how you do a lot of interesting things and or go to beautiful places and wish you have documented them all but couldn't?  Well, this is exactly why I haven't blogged about my DIYs.  But I know that is not an excuse not to because who knows, somebody might find this helpful or I might need to look back at what I did to create these so called "DIYs" in the future.  I have decided to share with you for my first post a DIY thank you card.  Thanksgiving is just two days away and I thought what better way to show a heart of thanksgiving than to give a "Thank You" card! So here we go, lets get started!


What You Need: 

Colored card stock
Thank you sticker
Scissors


 What You Do:

STEP 1: Choose two colors of card stock that you would like to make the thank you card, make one card stock smaller than the other one, cut with scissors if needed.  I usually outline the cards with pencil before I cut to avoid mistakes.

STEP 2: Take one tree leaf skeleton and place diagonally on the smaller card stock that will be in the middle of the card.  Use the glue dots to stick the leaf on if you are satisfied with the placement.

STEP 2: Glue the smaller card stock with the leaf onto the bigger card stock paper.  Make sure to center it so the left, top and right are equal widths.  Leave a bit more room on the bottom.

STEP 3: Place the "Thank You" stickers on the center bottom of the bigger card stock.  I love these because they have a clear background and they look like stamped on lettering.  I bought these from Target a year ago.

And that it! How easy was that? not bad for the first DIY right? doing this post has really inspired me and I hope to share more creations that I make with you all in the future.
P.S. After I wrote this post, I realize that some of you might not make it in time to buy the tree leaf skeletons.  The other option would be to use a real tree leaf, yes those leaves that gathered in your front yard? put them into good use! 
P.P.S. To get a nice and flat leave like the picture below, just place them in a book for couple of days.



Thank you for reading!

Photos taken by Lily


No comments:

Post a Comment