Saturday, November 7, 2015

Chicken with Lemon, Cilantro & Garlic Over Pasta

The recipe of the meat and marinade were adapted from http://www.food.com/recipe/grilled-pork-chops-with-lime-cilantro-garlic-133511.  The pasta recipe was just simply from my imagination.

I came across this recipe the other day and really wanted to try it.  I changed up the recipe here and there to simplify the steps and to suit my taste buds, I hope you like it!

Serving Size: 5-8
Ingredients:
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoon lemon zest (I added this to bring out the flavor more)
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (I omitted this because I didn't think my toddler could handle it)
6 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
   salt and pepper (I added this as I don't like my food too bland)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

For the Pasta:
1 lb package of any pasta family such as linguine, angel hair or penne (I used multi-colored bow-tie), cook and drain according to package instructions.
2 small zucchinis, cut into bite size, blanched
2 roman tomatoes, cut into bite size
1/2 batch of spinach, blanched
2 tablespoons olive oil


 Lemon, Cilantro & Garlic Marinade and Dipping Sauce
Directions: 
Mix the cooked pasta in a bowl with all the veggies and olive oil, add salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese if desired.

(For the chicken)
Blend the first 5 ingredients or 6 if you decided to use the chipotle powder, cover and place in the fridge.
Reserve 1/2 cup for dipping later
Place the chicken breasts down on a baking dish that has been sprayed with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper for about 5 minutes.
The recipe said to grill or BBQ the meat but I decided to cook it with the oven (less standing around and more time spent with my little one)
Place the chicken breasts into the oven to cook for 25 minutes at 425 F, take it out and turn them over.
Start brushing the mayonnaise blend on top of the chicken until they are completely covered.
Put the chicken back into the oven for another 25 minutes at 400 F.
Serve over pasta and with the reserved mayo mixture on the side.

Enjoy! Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know how this turned out for you after trying the recipe.  I really liked the mayo and cilantro sauce, I am thinking of using it on fish next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment